We’re currently partnering with one of the most desirable tech brands in the world who are looking to hire a Head of Employee Relations, EMEA.
About the company
Our client is using the most advanced technologies to solve critical global issues focusing on climate change, poverty, equality, healthcare, among other issues.
To support their mission, they need to design, develop and embed organisational infrastructures and mechanisms that best support the health and evolution of the organisation
This role is embedded in their ER team, which sits within the wider People and Culture (P&C) team and reports to the Director, ER & People Operations. The role line manages a team of ER Partners (ERPs) responsible for ER in EMEA where their largest locations are London, Zurich, Paris and Berlin.
- Providing exceptional leadership and guidance for ERPs, P&C Partners and business stakeholders on ER issues.
- Developing capabilities and individual performance of ERPs and encouraging continual learning through coaching.
- Ensuring the prioritisation of team members’ workload in line with organisational goals.
- Leading on complex individual ER issues including disciplinary, grievance, appeal, attendance, redundancy etc.
- Leading on complex collective ER issues including redundancies, TUPE etc
- Providing ER expertise to business projects such as change programs.
- Diagnosing and supporting interventions required for the continuous improvement of ER processes and policies.
- Utilising ER data to inform decision making and to identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborating with wider P&C teams and their Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team on initiatives to enhance employee workplace experience.
- You have substantive UK experience across the full breadth of ER topics (including conduct investigations, employee grievances, absence management, performance and restructuring) and understand the importance of the employee experience in these processes.
- You have extensive experience in managing ER topics in at least one of their other key EMEA locations (France, Germany, Switzerland).
- You have worked in organisations with Works Councils and have partnered with Labour Relations teams or have managed labour relations yourself.
- You enjoy developing your team members technical skills and competencies and have experience managing small to medium sized teams.
- You are driven by fairness, high quality delivery and standards, and care deeply about people.
- When handling people issues, you efficiently navigate legal, cultural and business risks and tensions.
- You have been a core decision maker, leading large, complex and scalable people efforts, where you had to navigate and balance tensions expertly.
- You have significant change management experience and enjoy leading others through change.
We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. However, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria, we have outlined above.
We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for your patience and we’ll be sure to get in touch should we feel as though the position could be suitable.
Hawkwood is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.
Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator – Global Quant Fund
Hawkwood are partnering with one of the top quantitative and systematic investment funds as they seek to grow their Talent Acquisition Operations team.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in London, with offices worldwide, they have grown to approximately 700 employees globally. The space they operate in requires them to hire the smartest professionals, and with an increasing number of competitors, they are keen to invest in a Talent Ops professional who is super passionate about optimising Talent Acquisition processes.
Head of Talent Acquisition – Consumer Tech Scale Up
Hawkwood are pleased to be partnering with a leading consumer tech scale-up, who are seeking a new Head of Talent Acquisition to set and drive the hiring strategy as they continue their ambitious global expansion plans.
People Operations Manager
Role: People Operations Manager
Working style: This role requires the person to be in the office 3 times a week.
Office location: Bond Street