About The Company:
Having recently surpassed 200 employees across the UK and US this entrepreneurial business expertly weathered market conditions in 2023, and are continuing on a path of consistent, fast-paced expansion for 2024.
Innovation is at the heart of everything they do; our client is at the forefront of tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges using the most sophisticated, AI and ML technology. They most recently raised $200m in VC funding and are backed by notable investors including Balderton Capital, and Richard Branson.
They are truly one of the most exciting and high-performing tech companies with a multi-national, world-class research team successfully working to build a better future .
About The Role:
Following a long and successful tenure, the most recent Head of Talent Acquisition has been with this high-growth business since the very early days, and now feels the time has come to pass on the baton.
This presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced, progressive Head of Talent Acquisition to lead on the maturation of this scale-up as they continue to evolve.
Reporting to the CPO, and working directly with the SLT, the incoming Head of Talent will inherit a Talent team of 7, whilst also continuing to build the Talent strategy that is still in its infancy. You will also have full autonomy and ownership to build creative, ambitious, and innovative hiring strategies to continue to enhance the business’s global employer brand.
Some of the areas you will be responsible for:
- Creating and owning a Talent strategy.
- Continuously reviewing and owning improvements to the ‘Talent machine’. Ensuring processes and platforms are best-in-class to maintain an exceptionally high bar and quality of hire.
- Managing the Talent team with the view to increase talent leadership capability.
- Creating detailed and useful hiring reports for the Leadership team and Board.
- Leading company-wide training initiatives for hiring best practices.
- Owning executive hiring in collaboration with the CEO.
- Owning the annual Talent budget, ensuring the team has all the necessary tools to succeed within the constraints of a cost-conscious tech start-up.
About The You:
To set you up for success, we’re looking for the following skills and experience…
- A successful track record of growing and managing a team of exceptional people, including managers.
- Experience leading hiring for complex, tech start-ups and/or scale-ups (ideally Deep Tech companies).
- Experience building hiring processes that are adaptive to scale.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team that has yielded massive growth for early-stage technology firms.
- 2+ years working directly with C-Suite leadership teams, representing Talent at this level.
- Experience leading DEI initiatives to positively improve representation across the company.
- Global recruitment experience, and an understanding of the nuances of employment law in different regions.
- Experience building and cultivating an exceptional EVP and Employer Brand, working in collaboration with Marketing teams to drive proactive engagement from top pools of Talent.
- Demonstrable experience throughout your career hiring technical talent, with a constant focus on quality of hire.
Interim People Director (6 months)
One of the UK’s best loved Consumer Technology brands are seeking an Interim People Director to cover a period of parental leave for 6 months, starting in March.
HR Business Partner – AdTech
Hawkwood is partnering with an international AdTech start up to find a strategic, commercially savvy, and experienced HR Business Partner to join their growing team. Ideal candidates will have experience in a similar level HRBP role, with demonstrable experience of partnering with leadership teams in a fully generalist capacity; including providing strategic advice in the areas of talent development, employee relations, OD, performance management, and workforce planning.
People Operations Lead – Mission Driven Platform
Hawkwood is delighted to be partnering with a UK headquartered mission-driven partnerships platform in their search for a People Ops Lead, a newly created position within their high-performing People team.