Our client are a high-growth, mission-driven Consumer Technology business who have recently become part of a larger group; thereby leveraging their resources, expertise and infrastructure.
They currently operate across two sites; one is the operations hub based in West London, and the other is a small commercial hub in the City. In total, they employ around 200 people but are continuing to grow at pace. They are generating over £200k p/week in revenue.
Please note: The operations side of the business is providing an essential service so continues to operate as normal, whilst the commercial teams work from home. This role will require the successful candidate to spend 2/3 days p/ week at the operations hub with the remaining days working from home. This current split is likely to remain even after government restrictions are loosened as the business are keen to embrace the desire for flexibility.
About the role:
This is a broad generalist HR role coupling the need to deploy a hands-on approach in dealing with operational HR issues with the requirement to influence and affect change in light of continued expansion.
Reporting in to the COO, the Head of People will manage a People team of two. Whilst they currently have a basic People Operations function, the leadership have recognised the need for something more sophisticated as they embark on their next phase of growth.
The Head of People will devise and implement a forward-thinking People strategy focused on employee attraction, engagement and development. This will include the roll-out of performance frameworks, learning & development plans, a diversity & inclusion strategy and more.
The key to success in this role will be balancing the day-to-day operational HR needs with the ongoing evolution of the people agenda. Despite being a Consumer Tech brand, this organisation actually comprises of 80% operations staff and employee relations issues do arise with fair regularity.
The incoming Head of People will therefore need to be comfortable operating in a hands-on manner juggling short-term and long-term business needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape a People function that will need to continually reinvent itself as the demands from the business develop. Thankfully, our client have faired incredibly well despite the current trading climate, but this opportunity also offers the relative job security of being part of a larger commercial group.
- You will have recent HR experience in a multi-site operations environment such as retail, logistics, manufacturing, leisure or hospitality
- You will ideally have both experience in a larger, matrixed organisation and a SME
- You will demonstrate robust experience managing complex ER casework
- You will embody a roll-your-sleeves up mentality when faced with operational day to day HR issues
- You will be a highly competent stakeholder manager capable of influencing and affecting change
- You will be excited by the prospect of working for a high-growth but small business
- You will have previous line management experience
Apply Via LinkedIn
Get in touch