Our client are a growing Digital Marketing agency situated in Brighton. The successful candidate will spend up to 2 days p/week in the office, with the remainder from home.
They boast an impressive client list which includes many blue chip Consumer brands. Having recently been acquired by a high-profile Media Owner, the business has received fresh investment and support, making it a very exciting time to join.
The incoming Head of People will manage a People Coordinator and a Talent Acquisition Manager, while reporting to the MD.
They are looking for an experienced and strategic HR Professional who is able to play a key part in leading and delivering people initiatives to support the business strategy, to ensure the foundations of good people management are embedded within the company as well as leading the business through continued growth.
The successful candidate will be action-oriented and credible. They will have the ability to develop a longer-term people plan yet drive execution tactically and manage the balance between the two.
They need help to develop a vibrant, self-sustaining, high-performance culture that supports the business to meet its targets for growth organisational development.
Work with the senior team to codify their HR process to ensure both high standards and consistency of approach
Coach senior management on how to drive the effectiveness of their organisation and their teams while delivering commercial performance
Helping with employee relations issues in a pragmatic, yet empathetic way, balancing the needs of the business and the employees
Organisational Design & Development:
Defining their future organisational structure and talent maps to support this continual evolution
Build out an internal programme for upskilling their employees and helping them establish greater career progression within the business
Improving their existing 1-2-1, personal development and salary review processes
Employee Experience / EVP:
Reviewing and developing on their employee benefits scheme
Taking ownership of their employee engagement agenda through soliciting feedback and implementing new initiatives to foster good morale
Helping to build their employer brand as a company of choice to work at
Hiring & Onboarding:
Implement effective, innovative processes to attract new, ambitious talent in to the business encompassing candidate attraction, assessment and ensuring a high-quality experience for interviewees
Being heavily involved in how they assess candidates at each stage of recruitment and communicate both internally and externally with regards to hiring
Establishing a stronger 3-month new joiner onboarding experience and take ownership of continually improving this
● Experience of partnering with senior-level stakeholders, providing effective coaching and advice
● Understands the commercial drivers and pressures that dictate the pace and decision-making process
● Proven track record of understanding key drivers in a business area and working in partnership with leaders to measurably improve people management practices
● Personally resilient and skilled at working in challenging and changing environments
● High emotional intelligence with good self-awareness
● Is collaborative and able to adapt own approach and style to the situation
● Demonstrates an agile approach and an ability to change direction with minimum disruption to others
● Personable with a preference for developing strong working relationships
● Driven by a strong desire to do the right thing for both the business and the people
● A confident and inquisitive communicator who actively listens and questions
● Customer-focused; someone who thinks deeply to understand business issues and then acts decisively
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.