1. Important information and who we are
When we refer to “Hawkwood”, we mean Hawkwood Partners Limited, the business entity that holds and uses your information. Hawkwood is committed to conducting its business in accordance with the Regulations and in line with the highest standards of ethical conduct.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO). If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices, please contact the DPO.
Please note our contact details:
Full name of legal entity: Hawkwood Partners Limited
Name or title of DPO: Kristian James
Email address: [email protected]
Postal address: Hawkwood Partners Ltd, 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS
2. Information We Collect and Receive
Hawkwood may collect and receive Candidate Data and contact information in a variety of ways:
- Candidate Data. Candidates are admitted to a database (“Vincere”) which will be the single point of access and storage for candidate data. Here is the link to Vincere’s data compliance statement: Vincere. Here is the link to Vincere’s data compliance statement: https://www.vincere.io/privacy.
- Contact Information. Hawkwood may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV or email contact. On occasions this may also include evidence of your right to work in the UK and any visas you may hold.
- Other Information. Hawkwood may collect other information including but not limited to company information for invoicing purposes, credit checks and billing.
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
Candidate Data will be used by Hawkwood in accordance with your Communication Preferences: e.g. Recruitment activity; maintaining contact; direct marketing.
Hawkwood may use other information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Hawkwood may use this Information:
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Contact information to respond.
- To send emails and other communications. We may contact you about relevant news, subjects of interest, events and general marketing pertaining to our services. You can choose not to receive these by changing your Communication Preferences with us.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Hawkwood may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
4. Data Retention
Hawkwood shall not retain any data which, in its reasonable opinion, is irrelevant or excessive to the purposes for which the data was collected.
Hawkwood will retain Candidate Data in accordance with Candidates’ instructions up to a period of 24 months. Hawkwood reserve the right to retain your data for longer than this period if there is legitimate interest as deduced but not limited to email, phone or personal communication between the two parties. Candidates’ reserve the right to erase their data from our database and/or request a data subject access. In this event we will contact all third parties (“Clients”) in order to ensure they also erase your data. Please also refer to Section 7 ‘Your legal rights’ below.
5. How We Share and Disclose Information
This section describes how Hawkwood may share and disclose information.
Candidates determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of the Information, and Hawkwood does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
Communication Preferences. Hawkwood will solely share and disclose Candidate Data in accordance with a Candidates’ Communication Preferences and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
Recruitment Services. With your consent, Hawkwood will share your Candidate Data with relevant clients and organisations that you are interested in and/or are actively applying to for a new role.
Third Parties. Hawkwood may share your data with organisations or individuals who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators.
Change of control or Change in Hawkwood’s business. If Hawkwood engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, share sale, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Hawkwood or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
With Consent. Hawkwood may share other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Hawkwood takes security of your data very seriously. Your data is stored our database Vincere. Here is the link to Vincere’s data compliance statement: https://www.vincere.io/privacy.
7. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to make a Subject Data Access Request and to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may also have the right to seek to update, delete or correct this Information.
To the extent that Hawkwood’s retention of your Personal Data is subject to the Regulations, Hawkwood relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Hawkwood may also use other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, and you have a right to amend your Communication Preferences in relation to Hawkwood’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.