Briefing a Recruiter on a job vacancy: What details to cover
When briefing a Recruiter (internal or recruitment agency), it can be tricky to know exactly what details to cover. Below, you will find our recommended list laid out in the optimal order and format.
By following the below structure, you will ensure that your Recruiter has all of the relevant context first, helping them to better understand how the later points fit in. You will also ensure that your Recruiter has sufficient detail to effectively sell the opportunity to candidates, and shortlist based on their relevance for the specific opportunity.
We hope you find it helpful!
- Why are we making this hire?
- What recruiting for this role have you done so far, if any?
- Main selling points (inc. growth, USP’s, size, key stats)
- Practicalities (e.g remote/office and location
- Role Brief
- Team structure
- Vision for the role
- Key projects and deliverables
- Key experience (inc. industry, company size, client group, international, technical)
- Option for part-time/fully remote
- Benefits (inc. bonus or stock options)
- Interview schedule
Subscribe to our
We’ve got plenty of news and tips to share, be the first to read all about it.