Hawkwood are currently working with one of the UK’s leading flexible working providers who are looking to hire a Head of People. Reporting to the CEO, this is an awesome opportunity to be part of their leadership team and drive the People strategy in line with their growth plans.
About the company
On a mission to destroy traditional, boring office space, our client is building workplaces for some of the UK’s most exciting start-up’s!
Our client has a product that is loved by their customer base; a strong brand that is valued and a team that is passionate about innovation. Their people are central to the organisation and with the range of perks, support and development, this is something they want to maintain and nurture. Also, as B Corp certified they care about the planet and driving sustainability!
*Our client would be looking for someone to be in their central London office 3 days a week.
About the role:
The Head of People role is a crucial hire to spearhead organisational change, drive forward the culture and empower the team to succeed. Your valued ideas and strategic thinking are pivotal at this stage in their journey and will be paramount in driving the company forward!
You will be key in ensuring that the team culture and dynamic is upheld during their growth and that your strategies maintain and further shape the company culture, resulting in an engaged and motivated company who are excited to deliver the mission and represent the brand they have cultivated.
- Scale People operations efficiently, navigating and overcoming any challenges that arise
- Facilitate annual strategy planning sessions, setting and tracking impactful OKRs.
- Implement and performance management systems to foster a culture of high achievement
- Design professional development initiatives to increase employee engagement
- Implement Performance Management tools to boost employee engagement and productivity.
- Use data and insights to make informed decisions in People strategy and operations.
- Uphold and embody the company culture and lead from the front to promote a higher performance culture.
- Lead the Talent Manager and Team Assistant ensuring roles align with People objectives.
- Experience working as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Prior experience working in a fast-growing, start-up or scale up
- A strategic leader who is able to develop a vision that aligns with mission of the organisation
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and adaptable to change
- A people leader that fosters strong relationships and has strong emotional intelligence
- You are reflective in nature and able to learn from every decision
- Process driven and passionate about bringing the best outcomes
- If you’ve worked in a customer facing, multi site business that would be a great bonus!
We appreciate it’s a tricky time to navigate your career and it’s important for us to be authentic about the opportunities we share here. However, please only apply for this role if you meet the essential criteria, we have outlined above.
We are expecting an exceptionally high volume of applications; sadly, we’re unlikely to be able to respond to each individual applicant. Thanks for your patience and we’ll be sure to get in touch should we feel as though the position could be suitable.
Hawkwood is passionate about championing diversity and challenging unconscious bias and treat each application carefully. Thank you for your interest and please follow our page for further updates.
Interim People Director (6 months)
One of the UK’s best loved Consumer Technology brands are seeking an Interim People Director to cover a period of parental leave for 6 months, starting in March.
HR Business Partner – AdTech
Hawkwood is partnering with an international AdTech start up to find a strategic, commercially savvy, and experienced HR Business Partner to join their growing team. Ideal candidates will have experience in a similar level HRBP role, with demonstrable experience of partnering with leadership teams in a fully generalist capacity; including providing strategic advice in the areas of talent development, employee relations, OD, performance management, and workforce planning.
People Operations Lead – Mission Driven Platform
Hawkwood is delighted to be partnering with a UK headquartered mission-driven partnerships platform in their search for a People Ops Lead, a newly created position within their high-performing People team.