Hawkwood are delighted to have been retained to recruit the first Head of People on behalf of a high-growth, entrepreneurial, new-media TV network based in London.
Their aspirational content is watched by millions of young people around the world every single week via digital channels. They partner with the world’s most forward-thinking advertisers and some of the highest-profile content creators on social media to produce in-house entertainment for Generation Z.
Having recently closed another funding round in March 2020, they are seeking to take their People-agenda to the next level through hiring their first ever Head of People, reporting to one of the Co-Founders.
They are looking for a highly experienced and strategic HR Professional who is able to play a key part in leading and delivering people initiatives to support the business strategy, to ensure the foundations of good people management are embedded within the company as well as leading the business through continued growth.
The successful candidate will be action-oriented and credible. They will have the ability to develop a longer-term people plan yet drive execution tactically and manage the balance between the two.
They need help to build a world-class, self-sustaining, high-performance culture that supports the business at scale and meet its targets for growth and the development of new business lines in a fast-changing market.
- Employee Experience / EVP: ● Reviewing and developing on their employee benefits scheme● Taking ownership of their employee engagement agenda through soliciting feedback and implementing new initiatives to foster good morale● Helping to build their employer brand as a company of choice to work at
● Experience of partnering with senior-level stakeholders, providing effective coaching and advice
● Understands the commercial drivers and pressures that dictate the pace and decision-making process
● Proven track record of understanding key drivers in a business area and working in partnership with leaders to measurably improve people management practices
● Personally resilient and skilled at working in challenging and changing environments
● High emotional intelligence with good self-awareness
● Is collaborative and able to adapt own approach and style to the situation
● Demonstrates an agile approach and an ability to change direction with minimum disruption to others
● Personable with a preference for developing strong working relationships
● Driven by a strong desire to do the right thing for both the business and the people
● A confident and inquisitive communicator who actively listens and questions
● Customer-focused; someone who thinks deeply to understand business issues and then who acts decisively
Apply Via LinkedIn
Get in touch